815 Exhibition Drive
P. O. Box 1538
Prince Albert, Saskatchewan
The Prince Albert Exhibition Association was organized out of a need for governance and leadership in the settlement area of Prince Albert. It quickly became the only systematic organization in the District of Lorne. The society was charged with and accepted the responsibility of the community and surrounding district, establishing a governing body. It took the place of a municipal council and preceded the organization of the Board of Trade by three years.
Known as the Lorne Agricultural & Industrial Society at its inception in 1883, the Association was incorporated under the name Lorne Agricultural Society in 1887.
In 1905, the same year as Saskatchewan became a province, it became the Prince Albert Agricultural Society.
The year 1953 saw the Association become a non-profit organization through a private act, Chapter 126 of the Statutes of Saskatchewan.
In 1971, a final name change to the present Prince Albert Exhibition Association was made.
The Association remains the oldest continuing Agricultural Society in Saskatchewan. The year 2017 marks the 134th anniversary of the Prince Albert Exhibition Association. The organization has always maintained an onward trend for the betterment of the citizens of the area, to ensure that its motto, Where Town and Country Meet, remains an accurate reflection of its purpose and activities.